Columbus Regional Healthcare System
Columbus Regional Healthcare System was founded in 1935 when local physician Dr. Warren Edwin Miller started a 12-bed hospital in a Victorian home in Whiteville. A year later, the home’s porches were enclosed to accommodate more patients. Over the next 70 years, the hospital would be replaced twice. The current facility was dedicated December 11, 1977, and continues to grow and expand to meet the needs of the community.
500 Jefferson Street, Whiteville, NC 28472